Create your application and provide information
Before you can start using the Biggerplate API, you need to register your application with us.
Follow these simple steps:
- Go to http://accounts.biggerplate.com/applications to register your application. You'll need to login with your Biggerplate account to do this.
- Click the button labelled New Oauth Application
- Enter a name for you application and click the Generate Application button
- Once generated you will be provided with a Client ID and a Client Secret which you will need later for authorisation.
- Enter at least one Redirect URI for your application then click the Update button
Once you have created your application, you will have the generated information listed below.
Application Parameters Explained
|Client ID||This is your application identifier, this value is public knowledge and will be passed with every authorisation request.|
|Client Secret||This is your client secret, this value is used to sign a code flow request and exchange a code for an access token. This value is PRIVATE and should never be given out.|
|Client Name||This your application name that will be presented to the user during an authorisation flow.|
|Redirect URI||Redirect URI's are whitelisted endpoints that your application is listening on, such as |
Once you have registered your application, you will use your credentials in order to start an authorisation flow. The authorisation flow is as a term used to describe a user authenticating your application access to perform operations using their account.
Find out about Authorisation on our Authorisation page.
If you are not familiar with OAuth 2.0, please visit our OAuth 2.0 section.